With so many terms and options available, health insurance coverage can be a difficult thing to understand. Without an insurance license, you may feel confused and overwhelmed trying to decide what actions you should take or what kind of coverage you need. We here at A & B Insurance Agency Inc. want to help you understand your health insurance options. The following sections will give you some clarity on the matter.
Coverage Options in Michigan
- Group health coverage- This coverage is available through some employers.
- Self-funded health plans- This is also available through some employers.
- Association coverage- If you are a member of an organization or association, ask them if they provide association coverage.
- Individual coverage- The individual will choose his or her own agency and coverage.
- Student health plans- These are like group health coverage but offered through higher learning institutions for enrolled students.
- Medicare- Federal health care that is available for ages 65 and up or under 65 if applicant’s certain disabilities.
- Medicaid- A form of federal health care that is available for children, pregnant women, and adults with disabilities. Acceptance is determined based on income.
- The Healthy Michigan Plan- This is available to Michigan residents that are: ages 19-64, not pregnant, and not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare
Minimum Coverage Benefits Under Michigan Law
Under the Michigan Insurance Law, most health care plans are required to provide the following benefits:
- Diabetes treatment
- Breast cancer and diagnostic services
- Chemotherapy/Cancer Treatment
- OB/GYN and midwife services
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Emergency health and ambulance services
- Pediatrician services
- Prescription medications
- Substance abuse treatment
- Hospice care
Help When You Need It
We all need help from time to time and understanding an insurance policy or option is one of those times. For help choosing and purchasing a health insurance policy, please call or come by A & B Insurance Agency Inc. We will be happy to assist you!